Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Me Only I Know

The title may not be easily understandable, but this entry is to capture the pieces of me that only I know. Everyone has activities they do only in the company of themselves--all the way from talking to one's self to dressing in women's clothing (not strange for a woman I guess but odd for a man in most cases). Following are some of my own personal observations about myself that I can share:

Quasimodo: I tend to make funny faces in the mirror. I like making scary faces, ugly faces, animal faces, puffy faces, whatever kind of face I make. The elevators at both my house and work all have mirrored walls in them and are prime face-making real estate. What else is one going to do in the elevator by themselves for the 4-seconds it takes to go from first floor to ? Honestly.

Back-up Singer: We ALL do this--I sing. I sing in the car. I will gladly sing the newest Madonna tune in the privacy of my glass-house Cavalier. It's so interesting how cars are 360' of glass and yet we think NO one can see us, we can just see all of them. I'm sure I look like such a fool, but come on, like 100% of all the other driver's are doing it, thinking of doing it, or wishing they were doing it.

Psychic Public Servant: This is an odd one, and it's not that I truly think I can move things with my mind, but after playing the X-men game on PS2 so much and playing specific characters that can move things with their minds, I sometimes envision THEM moving things with their minds in real life, but through me. Following? Example: As I'm walking down the street maybe I see a piece of garbage lying there, waiting patiently for someone to scoop it up and throw it away. I have envisioned the object being levitated from its current location to a nearby trash container. I'm not doing it, an X-man is, but I still imagine myself making it happen? Got it now? If you don't got it now, just forget about it--read on.

Cigarette Vigilante: This is a stretch too but hear me out. I don't like smoking. It's a horrible, ugly habit and may you find the strength if you do smoke to quit somehow. This is my over-active imagination envisioning scenarios again, but I imagine myself just walking up to someone, grabbing the lit or soon-to-be-lit cigarette from their lips/fingers and flicking it casually into the street--without regret or remorse. It's not that I hate smokers, it's that I hate smoking. Smokers (most of them--honestly) are just not courteous and borderline-obnoxious. But if you know one than they are lovely.

I'm sure there will be many more to come but let's start with this for now. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Quantum physics dictates people can move things with their minds if they can access that part of the brain. We only use 1/3 (some less ~ ~~) of our brains. It is like finding that hidden space on ones hard drive. And cigarette smoking ~ they don’t call that “sucking a butt” for nothing ~ Hee He ~ Nanny hates it when I use that term :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A miss Annie Nonymous left a message about me allegedly smoking. Correction: I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. Slander/libel is not permitted on my blog, and therefore comments will now need approval from moi. Thanks Annie for taking it one step too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I have seen you smoke ~ ok when you get really made I have seen in coming out of your ears but never would you do the sucking butt type of smoking.

    When I was 14 Nannie found the cigarettes I had hidden in my sock drawer. Silly me now I know that’s the place all unscrupulous things are hidden. Any way she was ecstatic and jumping up and down with joy. She put her arm around me and told me how happy she was to now have smoking a buddy. That was it ~ I have never sucked a Butt (so to speak since) Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete