Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Number 6

Firstly I'd like to explain the title of this entry: I've decided that weekends can be a large contribution to the blog as they are a great source of activity, inspiration, and all around bad taste. Therefore I'll be categorizing weekends by it's sequential number (out of 52 weekends in a year). Last weekend was the 6th weekend of 2007--and what a weekend it was.

My roommate's birthday is actually today, but Saturday night we had a small gathering of people over at the apartment--some of Mike's coworkers, some relatives, but mostly close friends of his (and some of mine). Anyway, Mike's boyfriend David lives in Cleavland, Ohio (by his own masochistic choice) but thankfully is moving out here in a few weeks (and not soon enough, right Mike?). So the party went off without a hitch--I presume--as I was only there for the very beginning and the very end.

John (my lovely bf) and I had tickets to the symphony. How high-brow of us, I know. Actually John's a nerd in disguise and what we really had were tickets to John Williams, movie score and composer extraordinaire, direct the symphony, to such riveting classics as "The Indiana Jones Theme" and heart-renchers like "The Jaws Theme." Worry not, I wasn't in complete boredom. It was actually fun. I had a really great time--it was pretty much a combination of a Star Wars convention and a Four Seasons. There was this one guy I can remember who I'm guessing was killed off in his Dungeons & Dragons marathon or he wouldn't have been able to make it to the concert. Damn hippie. He had long, long coarse black hair, like a buffalo; a big dark suit jacket from his dad's closet (and this gentleman must have been in his late 30s; and jean cut-off shorts which, may I ask, do they still even make such a thing? Damn hippie indeed.

My bitching aside, John Williams really was amazing; he did a couple theme song I would actually know, like three Star Wars songs (bum-bum-bum bom be-bum bom be-bum) and (ba-buh ba, ba-ba-ba beee ba). What really blew me away was when he did the theme to Harry Potter and it was AMAZING. truly amazing. worth every cent I didn't spend. He also did a song from Memoires of a Geisha and that was fantastic. The nerd-audience could have cared less but I was a fat kid with cake for that song, and it was really really great.

Anyway, so then we go back to the party, grab a cocktail and start shooting the shit. Fun. a lot of people had left by this point and it was just the hardcore friends in for the long hall. It was awesome. (you hear that adam? Awesome.) So we were drinking and all of a sudden we chose to go out. Where to go, where to go... Well, as drunk as we were and as crazy as we needed to be we went to Montage. Let's see, how do I describe Montage to those in the dark. Umm... on one side it's a very large, very cool nightclub. It's three stories, with several different rooms that play different genres of music, and the top floor is an open patio and a sushi bar that's open all hours of the night. And on the other hand when I say all hours of the night, I mean all hours of the morning. I leave around two am typically, but that's because I don't do crack and can't stay up all night long. excuse me, morning long. I think it closes around 5am. No thank you. The gays love their dance music and they just want to party. Good for them, I'll keep my heart lub-dubbing the pace it's supposed to--Oh and no judgement--unless you're an obvious cooky boot and your dilated eyes about to spring out from their sockets while you're waving your glow sticks in the air. Silly gays.

So that was nice. we drank, danced, conversed, made jokes about the crazies and went home. All in all a 9.5 out of 10. Thank you weekend number 6. You wont be soon forgotten.

4 comments:

  1. Yippy Skippy ~ fun fun fun ~ Hee Hee :-)
    Happy Birthday Mike and big cyber hugs to you and your lovely bf. How cool to hear John Williams ~ you lucky ducky

    ReplyDelete
  2. i take it you never remembered how the Captain Cookie conversation went...cuz i still can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give "Weekend Number 6", Three Glow Sticks and a Water Bottle. Keep tootin' your whistle,
    editor-in-chief
    Circuit Noize Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a zoologist, I protest on behalf of all bison! How dare you compare our nasty stankarific fur to a demm'd hippie's hair! ;-)

    miss you, potion!

    ReplyDelete