Thursday, March 1, 2007

Chocolate Ain't So Sweet

Firstly, Jessie don't worry--this posting isn't really about chocolate (she has a small obsession--and by small I mean she can't go a day without).

As most of you may know I have the LG Chocolate phone. It's sleek, it's modern, it's stylish. It's perfect for a sleek, modern, stylish man like myself, however... Chocolate ain't so sweet.

Firstly, let's talk about the sheer mechanics of the device; the "end call" button is NOT located on the front face of the phone with every other button ever since the history of telephones, rather, it is located on the side. The side of which a right hander's index finger will be on or where a left hander's thumb will be on. furthermore, it is a sensitive button. I've hung up on people tons of times. Tons. Sorry everybody.

Battery life. Or, battery half-life more like it. When one purchases the phone they give you two batteries--that should have been a red flag in hind-sight.

Next, I've never had so many problems with dropped calls. "System Is Busy," or "Connection Lost," or "Network is Unavailable," are all common excuses--excuses which my phone casually alerts me. Those should be the names of CDs, never error messages.

Grrr!! I feel like pulling a Donatella and just throwing my phone at somebody--like Catherine Zeta Jones. I've had a Nokia ever since day 1 of having phones and I sincerely miss the sweet, subtle and user-friendly ways of the Nokia. T-Mobile has been great to me, and again I've never EVER had an issue until this damn phoned marched it's way from the advertizers to my front, right pocket. Oh yeah, Chocolate doesn't have speaker phone either. Chocolate has circular, non-terminating menus. Chocolate is a sleek, modern, and stylish disaster. I'm bitter. I'm bitter from Chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. You should have known better than to purchase anything that Nathan Gilbreath owns... ;)

    My poor phone is trying to bite the dust too, guess it's time for me to lay it to rest and move on to the next one. Thanks for the review, I'll avoid the Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nokia phones were loved by many. ~ Ring Ring ~ “hey where is my new phone ~ dang in Polar Bears belly”. Even your dog new a good thing when he saw it. LOL

    ReplyDelete