Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weekend Number 10

This weekend was for sure a blast. For sure. I've got to say that moving to San Diego was a blessing, and the climate alone has really made me enjoy life a little more. Saturday was a busy day. Saturday wasn't much, however I did see "300" and let me just say this, it was bad ass. For sure. It was such a manly, epic, visually flawless, beautiful, strong and just a kick-butt, drag-out, bad-ass awesome movie. You have to go see it in the theatres. For sure.

Sunday aka daylight savings was the highlight. I think it was the warmest day San Diego has had all year, and if not the warmest, definitely the warmest I've been able to enjoy. I met up with a smattering of close friends for brunch. We went to Dmood. For you non-SDers, Dmood is a Persian restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and has great decor, lounge music, very cheap cocktails (comparatively), a tasty array of food and is still "undiscovered" by the other brunch-goers and therefore very low traffice still. At one point we were the only party in the restaurant. It was fantastic. Fore sure. I will say that I've heard from people--as was Sunday--the service is inconsistent. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. Either way it was a smashing brunch full of conversation and merriment. And Marys (mom, that's a gay term used for "gay guy," like "Hey, Mary...")

Anyway, that was just the beginning; apres brunch we went to my friend Vince's condo at the El Cortez to lounge by the pool in the smoldering winter sun. What a wonderful idea. For sure. The El Cortez used to be a hotel and since has renovated and converted to a condominium building. Anyway, back to the day at hand: we made vodka-lemonade-something-or-others and just had a pleasant time. The story doesn't stop there; several of Vince's fellow condo tenants showed up around the same time as we did, and we all got to talking and laughing and conversing and lying poolside, simply soaking in the company as well as the rays for hours. Once the sun hid behind the neighboring buildings of downtown, we moved to one of the condo tenant's places, with access to a large patio area and a barbecue on-site. We drank more, barbecued (I had some vegetarian meat stuff) and spent the cooling evening with all these new friends. Nine o'clock rolls around and after the sun, food, and booze it's time to retire early. John and I go back to his house and just crash. What a wonderful weekend. For sure.

Weekend number 10, you will surely be remembered as the must unexpected weekend of them all.

2 comments:

  1. Wowzy sounds like another wonderful weekend in San Diego ~ you lucky ducky. Monday we actually got up to 70 degrees. It was yummy warm. I will check out “300”. Thank you for the new word, I will use it as my “word of the day” Hee Hee ~ I just read an article about one of my favorite artist Leonardo da Vinci. He was way ahead of his time. He had interest in solar power, created a lot of high tech mechanics used today, was a vegetarian and you could call him Mary. I call that cross plat-forming genders LOL. Ok ~ well I hope I use the word in the right context. Love and cyber hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure, how sexy. wanna go out sometime??

    ReplyDelete