Tuesday, April 21, 2009

La La Land

Firstly, apologies for the slight delay in getting this next blog post out.

The following in the continuation of my adventures in LA, the weekend of Saturday April 18. Saturday: Didn't do too much this day. Met up with Vince and Allan before they headed to the GLAAD media awards. They were volunteer celebrity ushers--basically free personal assistants to an assigned Hollywood celeb. Side note: Vince got Jessica Alba--totally jeal. After that I went to Eldon's work and hung out with him. It was fairly slow for him that day so it was okay for me to just chill there. We talked and laughed and read each other's minds and it was great. After a couple hours there I went back to Eldon's house, read my book and took a well deserved nap. Eldon came home in about 2 hours, we got up, showered, mixed a drink and met up with Brad (another very good friend up in LA) for dinner. I forget where we went but it was great. It was right across the street from the Abbey, the super-popular nightclub + restaurant in the epicenter of West Hollywood. We ordered mojito-like super-limey drinks. EXCELLENT. Eldon--what were they called again? Definitely getting that again.

Following dinner Brad, Eldon and I went to an Instinct magazine party. It was a little slow, but there was a hosted bar, so we weren't going anywhere. As people started to trickle in we chatted and gabbed and drank more. Eldon and I wanted a change of scene so we popped over to Here bar and had a couple drinks there. We ran around, chatted with people and decided that we needed to get back to the other party. Eldon knew some people so he was able to zip right in. I had at least a handstamp something so I was very, very first in line, but still had to wait a bit. After getting back in I don't remember too much more, but I remember dancing a touch, chatting a bit more, but leaving shortly after arriving. Fun times.

Sunday was fabulous. We got up around something o'clock and went to our Chad & Brian house. Chad & Brian I met on the Atlantis cruises and they are, in mind, a dream. They are both beautiful, have great style, are the sweetest boys, and are as well off as I am crazy. I'm their friends because they are such good people, the wealthy thing is just perk. I was able to partake on this perk this day because they were having a pool party. One word: AMAZING. Their house is stunning, seated in the Hollywood hils. They are able to point out celebrities' homes from their place. Oh and the view, don't get me started. It was phenomenal. The only thing better than the view was the company. It was very much birds of a feather with their friends. They are all super nice and pleasant people. What a perfect day. The day started to escape us as it followed the sun and the pool party dwindled and faded. We all needed a bit of sustenance so we jumped into our vehicles and headed to a Mexican restaurant, again the name I don't know. In short we waiting around by the bar for about 2 or 3 hours, finally once sat it took us 45 minutes to order, eat and leave. Albeit a long wait it was fun hanging and drawing the weekend out a bit. I left Eldon's place in LA right at 10:00 pm, and made it home in my door at about 11:40 pm, a record time drive. There was no traffic whatsoever.

It was a fabulous weekend full of Britney and bars and boys, but, of course, my favorite part was spending quality time with some of the best people in the world. Love you all my LA friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment